March was even slower than February 😦 Confession, I read na-da books 😦 Half yearly exams were at the end of March and there was a lot going on at school and aaaaahhhhh very slow reading/blogging month. ❤ It’s examsssss 😦 Two down and three to go, and unfortunately, two of the hardest ones are no the same day! Ah luck, why are you running away from me? This post is quite lengthy…in my eyes anyway *shrugs* A handful happened in March, let’s recap.
- Whisper to Me by Nick Lake – sent to me by Bloomsbury for review
- Follow Me Back by Nicci Cloke – sent to me by Allen & Unwin for review
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini – I’ve been wanting to read this book for a long time. I’ve been holding off from watching the movie because I want to read the book first
- Confess by Colleen Hoover – building up my Hoover collection
- This is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang – sent to me by HarperCollins YA for review
- Desolation (Demon Road #2) by Derek Landy – sent to me by HarperCollins YA for review. Flashback to my very first ARC which was Demon Road. This series has a special place in my heart ❤ So excited to get into it
- A Work In Progress by Connor Franta – I’ve been watching a lot of Connor’s videos, when I saw this in the book store, hardback and signed by him, I couldn’t resist
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare – A LIMITED EDITION, HARDBACK, SIGNED COPY OF LADY MIDNIGHT AHHHHHHHHHHH ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Views – 558
Visitors – 272
Likes – 174
Comments – 61
Posts – 8
Compared with February ↓ DECREASE
- 25 Bookish Facts about Me
- March TBR
- alyssaisreading 2K Giveaway!
- Proposal – Magazine Project
- Content for Bookish Magazine
- Why I’ve Been MIA
- April Book Challenge ’16
- The Beauty Queen of Jerusalem – Excerpt
I reached 2K on bookstagram!
I was so excited when my follower count reached over 2,000! And it’s about 400 away from reaching 3K! I love the bookstagram community. It’s the platform which I’m always active on, I post on it everyday and I love everyone on there ❤ It’s the main way I hear about new books, bookish news and all that jazz. And to celebrate me reaching 2K, I’ve hosted my first giveaway! Check the blog post or the Instagram post for details → only for Australian residents for now.
If you want to check out my account, it’s @alyssaisreading 🙂 ❤
Also leave your username in the comments below so I can check it out! I haven’t been posting any Bookstagram features, but I will get on top of that after exams.
I created my first book challenge in March and #alyssaisreadingmar16 has 300+ posts! Thanks to everyone who participated! If you’re looking for an April Challenge, Alicia (#LoveBooks) and I created one. You can find it here.
tella balls dessert bar
Chocolate! Need I say more? 🙂
Check out their Instagram page! WARNING: Risk of getting cravings for chocolate
When I first saw Locket Inn, I thought “this is like the new Pandora”. Locket Inn lets you put a story into a locket. That locket could be a bracelet, necklace, bangle, etc. I got their silver bangle and the charms I chose mirror my personality.
- The Eiffel Tower – Paris is my dream city
- Blog – hmmm… straight forward 🙂
- Pile of books – I LOVE BOOKS!
- Camera – I love books and taking photos of books. And photography in general
- Tree of Life – family ❤
You can design your own locket, pick your charms and chain, and purchase it via their website or, if you’re in Sydney, visit their store in Darling Harbour. And exciting: they featured me on their Instagram!
Media Musings is basically a time where I look back on the music, movies and TV moments that have stood out to me this month.
→ Went out to go see one movie this month, right in the middle of exam study period 🙂 and that was Batman VS Superman, Dawn of Justice. And I LOOOVED IT!! ❤ ❤ ❤
→ Another exciting thing that happened this month was that the trailer for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children came out! It doesn’t look as creepy and dark(ish) as I pictured it but it still looks amazing! I have (somewhat) high hopes for this movie. It’s directed by Tim Burton and stars one of my favourite actresses which is Eva Green.
I’ve mostly been listening to Throwback music. The music produced in about 2006-2012 contains some of my favourite songs of all time. For me, I think it was the time before the electronic type music. I haven’t been obsessing over just one song or just one album/artist this past month. It’s been a variety.
- a big part of this month was stress and caffeine
- March was a good bookstagram month for me 🙂 I love it, and Instagram in general, so much
- I have been using a lot of photography apps, I only use a few mainly but I love looking at typography apps in general
- My bookish magazine is getting there, I’m really excited to come up with a name for the magazine in general so I don’t have to keep using ‘bookish magazine’. Plus thank you to everyone who filled out the survey regarding magazine content, it helped A LOT
I think that’s all I have for you guys this month. It was slow reading and blogging though I wanted to share a lot with you. I apologize if this is a long post. Any feedback I would love, if it would be better to separate some recaps or what not? If you made it this far, I am impressed ❤