May was a weird month. It felt both slow and fast at the same time. Not much because school but let’s look at my highlights for the past month 🙂
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Illustrated Version – sent by one of my aunts
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover – ^
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs – ^
- The Leaving by Tara Altebrando – sent to me by Bloomsbury, thank you so much!
- Whisper To Me by Nick Lake – sent by Bloomsbury. I got a proof for this as well, the cover is so beautiful ❤
- Thanks for the Trouble by Tommy Wallach – I bought this because Tommy Wallach came to Sydney for the Writer’s Festival 🙂
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – bought by me
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr – there was a sale at the bookstore 🙂 plus I’ve heard so many good things about this book
I REACHED 4K ON BOOKSTAGRAM!
I’ve got my 5K Giveaway sorted out already as well so yay 🙂 and I’ve finally said to myself that I will stick with the photo editing process that I’m using right now. Over the past few months, I’ve tested out a few filters but now I’m sticking with one.
For May’s book challenge, I’ve created it with Brooke (@just_a_nerd777) and #alyssaandbrookemay16 got over ___ posts!
If you want to check out my account, it’s @alyssaisreading
Also leave your username in the comments below so I can check it out!
- June Book Challenge ’16
- Deciding on a Magazine Font
- Deciding on a Magazine Name
- What Happened in April?
- Plan With Me: May (An Intro to My First Bullet Journal)
(bolded ones are the top 3 posts)
WE ALL LOOKED UP: The album
I went to the Sydney Writer’s festival this year and Tommy Wallach was there. I went to see him live and he performed some of his songs from his We All Looked Up album. I’ve listened to it once before and it didn’t really sink in but it did when he performed. I really hope he writes one for Thanks for the Trouble.
Castle’s cancellation 😥
One of my favourite crime shows ever got cancelled after 8 seasons 😦
8 seasons was a good run but the show got so good and the plot was getting better by the season. I’m just happy that the writers had prepared a scene to close the show because those last 20 seconds would have been a total cliffhanger. If you’ve seen it, you know what I’m talking about.
Love, S https://t.co/oZUENEj2XQ—
Stana Katic (@Stana_Katic) May 13, 2016
All things must end. It has been an honor working with the men and women of Castle. I am truly amazed at what we’ve done. Thank you all.—
Nathan Fillion (@NathanFillion) May 13, 2016
Those are the highlights of my month 🙂 What were yours?