18 years is a long time. A lot can happen in 24 hours, much more in 18 years. I’ve been very lucky to have made it to 18, I thought I would share 18 things that I have learned in my 18 years of living.
1. Photos aren’t what they seem to be
2. It’s okay not to know what you want to do at the end of high school
3. It feels good to not care what people think of you
4. Nothing is set in stone
5. If you were meant to catch the train, you would have made it
6. Life is hardly fair
7. A great home entertainment and sound system is worth it
8. Technology is our best friend and our enemy
9. You won’t always regret the fun things you didn’t do
10. Backup everything!
11. Yes, most of the things you learn in high school are things you will never need
12. Playlists are a life saver
13. The Butterfly Effect and ‘Sliding Doors’ are two movies about ‘fate’ and life that are worth seeing.
14. Songs are time capsules
15. When you’re thinking about putting something in your ‘going out’ bag or not, bring it
16. Have a hot drink every morning
17. Take photos!
18. Do what makes you happy.